They say that one of the hardest parts of parenting is that there’s no manual. Well, now there is (at least for dads!). Dadskills delivers simple, hard-hitting tips and advice in a witty, fun, and easily digestible format.
This handy, amusing book is perfect for the busy guy who has his eye on the “Father of the Year
” award. Organized by the child’s stage and age range
, each chapter covers essential insights and techniques
to keeping kids happy, safe, healthy…and stopping them from torturing their parents. Following the style of its tongue-in-cheek predecessor, Manskills
wraps valid, incredibly useful information
inside humorous writing. Chapters cover all stages of the journey:
- Baby Wrangling: Learn how to prep a go bag so you're always ready, take a crash course in how to swaddle a baby, and find all you need to know about properly carrying your newborn.
- Dealing with Toddlers: Equip yourself to fight night terrors, learn how to manage tantrums, and make your way through the winding path from crawling to walking.
- The Single-Digit Challenge: Prime your kid to be a super student with a custom geography relief map, find tips for building self confidence, and embrace fun by learning how to make the perfect sandcastle.
- Managing Tweens: Get everyone on the same page by creating a calendar everyone will actually use and learn how to get a tween cooking with easy and fun recipes.
- Taming Teenagers: Everything you should know before having "the talk," how to build skills through chores or a first job, and how to teach a teen to drive in four easy steps.
- Prepping for the Empty Nest: Tips for staying connected (but not too connected), cherishing memories with a tasteful craft project, and quick and easy ways to redesign a former kid's room.
Can this book prepare you for all the challenges of fatherhood? Probably not! But every bit helps and you're sure to learn a lesson or twelve that comes in handy.
About the Author
Chris Peterson is a veteran home improvement and design author. Among the many books he has written are 5-Gallon Bucket Book, Building with Secondhand Stuff, Manskills, four books in the Ideas You Can Use series, and many books in Cool Springs Press’s BLACK+DECKER Complete Guide series. He has also co-authored numerous home design books with noted media celebrities. He lives in Ashland, Oregon.