Now completely revised and updated The ultimate guide to taking care of your feet.
Written by leading experts with decades of experience in podiatry, this new edition of The Foot Book covers everything you need to know to care for your feet. It addresses the entire foot, inside and out, describing in plain English its anatomy and biomechanical operations. The second edition also:
- Provides an overview of common and rare foot injuries and syndromes
- Includes information on alignment and balance problems, heel pain, skin and toe conditions, flat feet, arthritis, and more
- Offers guidance on medications, exercises, stretches, inserts, therapy, and surgery
- Explains how to select the right footwear and provides shoe recommendations
- Covers foot issues in children, athletes, people with diabetes, and people with nerve or vascular problems
- Includes links to supplemental videos that guide you through stretching, flexibility, and strengthening exercises
Illustrated with nearly 100 images, The Foot Book walks you through tips and practices that are essential to caring for your feet.