"The best retail buying book available. It combines concepts with actual calculations. This provides you with a better understanding of the topics." Katherine Annette Burnsed, University of South Carolina, USA
Learn the skills needed to become a successful buyer in any area of retail. The book has step-by-step instructions for typical buying tasks, such as identifying and understanding potential customers, creating a six-month merchandising plan, and developing sales forecasts. It covers math concepts throughout and shows you how to analyze and interpret data with practice problems to prepare you for the profession. You'll also learn about important retailing trends, including global buying and sourcing, omni-channel retailing, online retailing, mobile technologies, and social media in case studies.
STUDIO resources include:
- Chapter self-quiz questions with scored results and personalized study tips
- Glossary flashcards help build industry vocabulary
- Downloadable Excel spreadsheets to complete the end of chapter Spreadsheet Skills exercises and assignments
- Printable worksheets featuring step-by-step solutions to common retail buying math problems
- Links to author-curated videos showing retail math concepts and formulas
PLEASE NOTE: Purchasing or renting this ISBN does not include access to the STUDIO resources that accompany this text. To receive free access to the STUDIO content with new copies of this book, please refer to the book + STUDIO access card bundle ISBN 9781501334276.