Women and Water is a visually driven celebration of women who love nature, adventure, and water sports.
This inspiring collection combines breathtaking photography with powerful narratives from women who swim, surf, kayak, study glaciers, advocate for water conservation, carry forward their ancestral fishing traditions, and more. Collected by the team at She Explores, a media company and community that celebrates women in the outdoors, these first-person stories explore themes of independence, strength, healing, and self-discovery in nature.
Helpful how-tos on everything from cold water swimming to taking underwater photos are interspersed throughout the book, making it easy for readers to get outside and get their feet wet. The result is a joyful tribute to the strength women exude in and on the water in a beautiful, chunky volume that makes an empowering gift for teenage girls, new graduates, and outdoorsy women of all ages.
NEW TAKE ON WOMEN'S EMPOWERMENT: This collection presents a fresh angle on women's empowerment by focusing on women's relationships to water. The adventure- and water-themed content makes this book a perfect gift for the surfer, sailor, angler, or swimmer in your life.
CELEBRATES DIVERSITY: Women and Water
celebrates a wide range of voices and perspectives. The stories in these pages come from women of different ethnicities, physical abilities, body types, and ages. The diverse content welcomes women who are often left out or underrepresented in mainstream outdoor media.
CONNECTION TO AN INCLUSIVE COMMUNITY: She Explores is an accessible community that's deeply respected in the outdoor world with a significant and devoted online following. This follow-up to their first book, She Explores
, offers fans new ways to engage with the platform's empowering and inspiring content.
THE NEW NATURE MOVEMENT: Spending time in nature is an increasingly popular way to relieve stress and anxiety, and studies have shown the healing benefits of immersing yourself in the natural world. This book celebrates nature as a place for self-discovery, wellness, and connection.
- Swimmers, divers, surfers, paddleboarders, sailors, ice skaters, kayakers, anglers, marine biologists, conservationists, engineers, ecologists, and geoscientists
- Nature enthusiasts, ocean lovers, adventure travelers, and armchair travelers
- Shoppers looking for an empowering gift book for teenage girls, young women, college grads, or family or friends celebrating milestone birthdays
- Fans of Wild, Strong is the New Pretty, Soul Surfer, and In the Company of Women
- Followers of the She Explores website, podcast, and community