In honor of National Poetry Month, Village Books and the Colophon Café are pleased to be teaming up with Write Riot Poetry’s very own Jessica Lohafer to bring our first-ever poetry slam to the building! Well, the first that any of us can remember, that is. This is a free, all-ages (expect some adult language) event, space allowing. The Colophon will be offering drink specials from the bar and food to nibble as the slam goes on. Please support the venue by purchasing from the menu. The always amazing Ryler Dustin will be the featured poet, t’s going to be a gas. Contact the bookstore for details or check Village Book's, Colophon Cafe's and Write Riot's Facebook page. And here's a bit more information ...
- Open mic: The event starts with a poetry open mic. Limited to five (5) poets. First come, first served. Each poet will present one poem no longer than 3 minutes. (Shorter is fine, but it can not be longer than 3 minutes.)
- Slam: Limited to five (5) poets. First come, first served. Each poet will read one poem -- no longer than 3 minutes -- per round. There are three rounds so poets should come prepared with three (3) poems. Judges will determine who moves forward.
- Poems do not need to be memorized.
- No props allowed.
- While there are judges, this is a supportive, light-hearted "competition." Judges are selected from the audience.
- If you've been to Write Riot before, you know it can fill up quick, so get to the Colophon early to grab a good seat!
The Write Riot Slam rides again! We'll see you on Wednesday, April 25th at 7:00 pm at the Colophon Cafe.