Have you been following along with our 12 Days of Giftmas promotion? If so, you know tomorrow (Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2018) is a big day for foodies because the deal of the day is 25% off cookbooks. With that kind of savings, it's time to splurge. Need inspiration? Here are a few of our booksellers' favorite cookbooks of 2018.
How to Eat a Peach by Diana Henry
A short, beautiful story introduces each menu. If you would like to entertain more, this book will inspire you to combine ideas in order to assemble a memorable meal. ~ Recommended by Diana
The Complete Cookbook for Young Chefs by America’s Test Kitchen
This is, without a doubt, the best cookbook I have ever come across for young people. ~ Recommended by Claire
Cake: A Cookbook by Maira Kalman
Not only is this cookbook full of delicious cake recipes, but the colorful cover and beautiful illustrations make it a perfect gift for bakers! ~ Recommended by Lauryn
Magnolia Table: A Collection of Recipes for Gathering by Joanna Gaines
Beautifully bound and full of gorgeous photography and delicious comfort food recipes, this is the perfect gift for anyone looking to bring loved ones to their table. ~ Recommended by McKenna
If you’re anything like me and my sisters, and you’ve seen every episode of “Friends” multiple times and know all the jokes and punchlines by heart, then this is the book for you. ~ Recommended by Lauren
Ottolenghi Simple: A Cookbook by Yotam Ottolenghi
A perfect introduction to Ottolenghi’s best-selling cookbooks (and – as advertised – not as intimidating as some of his other titles). The flavors he packs into his food are just wonderful, and I can’t wait to try more. I’d recommend making his ricotta meatballs. Yum! ~ Recommended by Lauren
2018 VB Reads … Regional Cookbook and Cooking Lit selections ~ Recommended by Mary
This summer, Village Books and the Bellingham Farmers Market launched a new book group for readers who love to eat! I highly recommend the titles we read and discussed this year. Love food and books? Join us 4 p.m. the first Wednesday of each month at the Writers’ Corner near Evolve Chocolate + Café.
- Six Seasons: A New Way with Vegetables by Joshua McFadden. Make space in your kitchen for the James Beard Award-winning cookbook.
- First We Eat: Good Food for Simple Gatherings from My Pacific Northwest Kitchen by Eva Kosmas Flores. Thanks to Chef Mataio Gillis of Ciao Thyme who joined us for a beautifully engaging discussion of food and photography inspired by this gorgeous book.
- The Graham Kerr Cookbook by The Galloping Gourmet. What a treat it was to meet the legendary chef and to celebrate the re-release of his classic cookbook.
- Little Farm Homegrown: A Memoir of Food-Growing, Midlife, and Self-Reliance on a Small Homestead by Susan Colleen Brown (local author). Ever dream of moving to the country and living the simple life? Susan shares her tips – and truths!
- The Weeknight Mediterranean Kitchen: 80 Authentic, Healthy Recipes Made Quick and Easy for Everyday Cooking by Samantha Ferraro (local author). Filled with colorful photography and oh-I-want-that recipes, it’s a friendly introduction to Mediterranean cooking.
- By the Shore: Explore the Pacific Northwest Coast Like a Local by Nancy Blakey. You’re not a local until you’ve jigged for squid! A practical guide to catching and cooking seasonal seafood.