Covid-19 status of book groups at Village Books:
Due to the guidelines laid out in the government-mandated Phase 2 for re-opening plan, Village Books is currently not hosting book groups. Please check our website for updates and remember that there are many recommendations for good reading, even if we can't meet under one roof yet. We look forward to when we can welcome our VB Reads back into the bookstore!
We have reading groups for moms, science fiction enthusiasts, mystery lovers, and everyone in between. With 14 reading groups and counting, Village Books is the perfect place to find a Bellingham reading group that speaks to your own heart, or form your own! See the latest book group picks and enjoy a 15% discount on reading group materials by visiting any and all of the Village Books reading groups.
Each month, we send out an e-newsletter, specifically geared for book groups (it often contains staff recommends & fun facts about the reading habits of those of us at VB!) Sign up for our Book Group Newsletter here. If you have any questions about our book groups, please email us!
The store currently hosts the following groups (follow any of the links to learn more about the nature of the books discussed as well as meeting times):
- VB Reads...A Year of Reading Atwoodly
- VB Reads...Afternoon Book Chat Group
- VB Reads...Armchair Historians
- VB Reads...Bellingham Mysterians
- VB Reads...Community Conversations
- VB Reads...Cookbook and Cooking Lit
- VB Reads...Engaged Citizens
- VB Reads...General Literature
- VB Reads...Living with Meaning
- VB Reads...Lynden Books and Brews
- VB Reads...Lynden Front Streeters
- VB Reads...Motherhood by the Book
- VB Reads...Science Fiction and Fantasy
- Evolve Reads...Life Between the Pages